The JCAA Members Christmas Art Market will be held again this year from Wednesday 30 November – Friday 16th of December. As in the past, members may hire a one meter space from hanging rail to floor, or a table, for $30 for the 3 weeks leading up to Christmas. Artists are invited to fill their space with artworks to be sold for $250.00 or less. Submissions may include high quality paintings and craft items such as pottery, hand-made jewellery, glass ware, hand-made cards and other appropriate creations. Register to be a part of this yearly event which usually attracts over 1,500 visitors during the Twilight Markets, with good sales during this period.
- REGISTRATION: Tuesday 1st November (10AM-2PM), first come, first serve basis. Register at the gallery or online. Online registration also begins on Tuesday 1st. We will do our best to accommodate your requirements. If paying online please state that the payment is for the Christmas Art Market, and send a confirmation email to JAG. Exhibition and statement by supplier forms can also be picked up on the day. Please note: you must come into the gallery on the day to select your space.
- DATE: Exhibition from Wednesday 30th November – Friday 16th December.
- INSTALL: Tuesday 29th November 10am – 5pm (installation by exhibiting artists)
- OPEN HOURS: Tuesday – Friday 10 – 2 pm. Friday 6pm – 9pm during the Twilight Markets.
- OFFICIAL OPENING: Wednesday 30th November 7pm – please invite family and friends and invite a plate of nibbles.
- DESTALL: 9pm Friday 16th December, Saturday 17th December 10am-11am.
- ENTRY TO EXHIBITION: FREE
NB Please read the following information carefully:
- Install for Christmas Art Market Tuesday 29th November. 10am-5pm.
- Gallery staff will be on hand to assist, but it is the responsibility of each artist to install their own work.
- All work must be dry and have appropriate hanging devices /D rings ,wire, cord.
- Small art works should be hung on one board to be hung on two of our hanging devices.(wires and sliders are limited). Weight limit 7 kgs with artworks hung. Artworks on the board must be easy to remove for sale purposes. All boards must not exceed the 1 m width.
- Each 1 meter space will be numbered. A spread sheet will be available to access artist’s names and number of space. Each wall space will be allocated the same number of wires and sliders. As the gallery has a limited number of wires and sliders if you have your own please use these if they are compatible with our tracks.
- Paper work: Please find attached a copy of the art work description form if you wish to down load and use it. Each list should have your name, contact number, wall/ table number and each artwork listed in alphabetical order on the form with the price. Please give one list to JAG and retain a copy for yourself.
- Please provide ABN number if you have one.
- Your name, title of work, price, space number and the letter allocated to your artwork on your list must be listed behind each artwork. Each art work must have a different letter and must correspond to your list.
- Please make sure that ALL copies of lists of art work retained by the gallery during the exhibition are updated if artworks are sold and replaced. (please keep your own copy up to date as well)
- Exhibiting artists will be asked to attend the exhibition on Friday nights during the Twilight Markets. Names of the artists available to sit the Art market Exhibition will be taken at the install on Tuesday.
Parking space at the back of the gallery is reserved for JCAA Board members working with the exhibition.